Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"If I become a first lieutenant, would you put my photo on your piano?"

So this is my new blog, it is a vehicle to improve my writing skills and also to give reviews and opinions and show my news stories and other writings to a wider variety of people, since I work for the A and E section of The Lumberjack.
So, last night I went to the Suicidal Tendencies concert at The Orpheum in Flagstaff with my boyfriend. It was really loud since The Orpheum is a small indoor venue and Suicidal Tendencies is a loud band. They played some of their older stuff like "I Shot The Devil" and "Cyco Vision". I personally enjoy "Cyco Vision" because it's a fun song to rock out to. They should have played "Institutionalized" though; brilliant song. Most of Suicidal Tendencies's stuff is really fun. They don't take themselves too seriously, which is another thing I rather enjoy about them. They connected with their fans in the audience well, which I really appreciate. After the concert, it was really windy and snowing still, and walking home was one of the most difficult experiences in my life, believe it or not. I kid you not. I'm reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy currently, and when I finish it, I shall review it on here. And if anything exciting happens I will report on that as well.
Finally, Mike Muir and the other guys of ST who visited Flagstaff, thanks for coming out and putting on a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment